Camino Surfcamp Andalucia – the best rated Surfcamp in the South of Spain!
- Surfcamp Andalucia Season – Part 1: September, 29th 2019 – January, 12th 2020
- Surfcamp Andalucia Season – Part 2: March, 8th 2020 – April, 26th 2020
- Surfing and relaxing at the Costa de la Luz – Europe’s most sun-kissed coastline
- Relaxed surfing without crowds
- A wave-wonderland with numerous beach-, reef- and point-breaks
- Surfing classes for all levels
- Small Surfcamp: max. 20 surfers
- Surf-Lodge with Single-, Double-, and Triple-Rooms
- Every room with bathroom and balcony
- just 250m from the beach
- Chill-Out Area with hammocks and beanbags
- Table-tennis, Indo-Board, Skateboards, Mountainbikes
- Free WIFI and Internet-PC available in the Surfcamp Andalucia
- Surf-theater, surf-library, tabletop-games
Andalusia in the south of Spain: Flamenco, guitars, sherry and horses. Yep, exactly – but there is more: sun, beaches, surf…
The Costa de la Luz on the southwestern coast of Spain: With its 300 days of sunshine per year the ideal hideaway to escape the wintery, watery snow mud of northern and central Europe. Still widely untroubled by mass-tourism, this winter-wave-wonderland awaits you with a huge number of very diverse waves, perfect for all sorts of surf-levels: Easy beach-breaks line up with challenging reef-breaks and endless point-breaks.
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, located in a small hippie-village surrounded by steep cliffs and just around the corner from the historical cape of Trafalgar, you will find the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia. The atmosphere here is unrivaled, conveying freedom, peacefulness and acceptance. Walking the path to the renowned lighthouse at Cape Trafalgar at sunset, passing by affectionately setup bars and restaurants as well as street-sales-booths where Rastafari offering their handmade jewelry – thats quality of life. An oasis of peace and quiet.
Especially during the winter-season, strong low-pressure systems stir up the North Atlantic, sending consistent and powerful swells to the diverse coastline of the Costa de la Luz. In this area you will find the south-easterly oriented beach of Caños de Meca, with the cape of Trafalgar sheltering its bay, this wave comes to live with the bigger winter-swells, offering long and easy rides – perfectly suited for Longboarders and intermediate Surfers. With smaller swells you just have to walk 10min to the south-westerly oriented, and therefor more open beach “Aceitera”. But that’s not all there is: Within close proximity, a number of differently oriented beach- and reef-breaks await the traveling surfer.
With around 300 days of sunshine a year, Andalusia is renowned for being one of the mildest winter-destinations in mainland Europe. Even in January, the thermometer almost never drops below 10 degrees. During the days and with plenty of sunshine, wearing a T-Shirt is no exception. But as we are living very close to the Atlantic, sometimes it can get nasty with rain and chill. We highly recommend to bring warm and waterproof clothing as well.
The Camino Surfcamp Andalucia Lodge is located just around the corner from the historical cape of Trafalgar with its perfectly aligned beaches in the small village of Zahora/Caños de Meca, only a 10min walk from the beach. There are single-, double- and triple-rooms on offer. All rooms are well looked after and have bathrooms ensuite as well as a balcony. Let our chef treat you with Spanish and international cuisine in our on-site Surf-canteen. Also you might want to check-out the multifaceted hinterland with one of our Mountainbikes (for free).
Thanks to our long-time expertise with surfcamps we are able to guarantee top-notch surfcourses! Our motivated surf-coaches are internationally trained and well experienced. You can also just rent out surf-equipment and head out by yourself. In the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia, we offer surf-classes for different skill-levels:
From the very first day, we will pave your way in becoming an independent and knowing surfer. Thanks to our sophisticated training methodology, advances come easily and naturally, starting off with the very basics like paddling and catching broken waves and progressing to surf the “green” wave towards the end of the course. An ideal student-teacher ratio, a safe and fun environment as well as our highly motivated and experienced staff will get you on board in no time. The daily surf-sessions are complemented by indispensable lessons on the most important aspects of surf-theory, including wind, waves, tides, currents, surfing-equipment, rules in surfing, and more. The video analysis, an integral part of our professional training, enables you to watch yourself surfing and, together with our instructors, allows you to discover spots for improvement. On the sixth day, you are very much invitited to join us for a free-surfing-session where you can put all your new acquired skills into practice – at no extra charges, of course.REQUEST BOOK NOW
“How come I always nose-dive when I am trying to take-off on the unbroken wave?” Join in on the Camino Surf Intermediate Surf Course and let our professional surf-coaches help you improve your surfing-skills: correct posture, positioning, timing – to get the most out of your surf-session you need to bring a lot of things to perfection… The objectives of this course include the easy take-off in 4ft swell and going “down-the-line”, correct timing and positioning as well as techniques for paddling, duck-diving, and catching waves more easily. We will give away a variety of useful tips and tricks on how to improve your surfing-skills.REQUEST BOOK NOW
You have already mastered the basics of surfing and now you want to put more power and speed in your turns, drop into bigger waves with more confidence and get started with your first manoeuvres? Then you should give our advanced surfing course a go. Together with our experienced and motivated instructors, you will spot points for improvement in all stages or surfing according to your skill level: from taking-off to carving into a snap. There are many different surfboards in a variety of shapes and sizes on offer, ready to be explored and tested. The objectives of the advanced surf course are assessed individually and are geared to your personal surf-needs and interests.
REQUEST BOOK NOW
The following services are included in the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia course-fee:
- About three hours water-time per day
- About one hour theory per day
- Equipment: Surfboard, Wetsuit, Leash, Surfwax. The equipment is available after the classes at no additional costs.
- Free-Surf-Day: If you book the 5-day course or more, an additional free-surf-day is included
- Pictures of the week
- Spot-Transfers: if the conditions on the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia homebeach are not suitable
- Accident- and Liability-insurance
- Camp-Shirt:If you book the 5-day course or more, you get a super-awesome, Fair-Trade, Organic-Cotton Camino-T-Shirt!
- The equipment is available after the classes at no additional costs!
- Sunday is the day-off for our team: therefor we do not offer surf-courses on Sundays!
- Due to safety-reasons we do not rent out equipment to total beginners without taking a surf-course
- You should be in good health and be able to swim
- Requirement for Intermediate-course: You should have some surfing-experience (at least 3 days of surfing-classes)
- Requirement for Advanced-course: You should be able to reach the line-up safely and confidently and master the take-off in up to 4ft swell (1.2 m)
In our Camino Surfcamp Andalucia kitchen we replenish your nutrient balance. Our chef is achieving fulfillment on a daily basis by creating truly luscious surf-food: be it the typical Andalusian Gazpacho or the classic Spanish Paella, the home-style made Viennese pancake called “Kaiserschmarrn” or the good and solid barbecue. With ease and grace he is meandering through the international cuisine – always thoughtfully choosing local products of high quality.
The 7’6″ Culinario Package consists of a hearty breakfast where you also prepare your packed lunch for your day on the beach and a well-balanced dinner at night. You may book full-board on a daily basis or you go for the package which includes 7x breakfast and packed lunch and 6x dinner. Naturally, vegetarian cuisine will be provided on request.
If you prefer to go out for dinner, you can find an excellent opportunity to try the Andalusian cuisine in the restaurant “Aceitera de Trafalgar” right next to the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia. In close proximity, a number of recommendable restaurants are easily accessible with one of our bikes: from the traditional Spanish Churrascaria (spanish BBQ) to the authentic Italian Pizzeria.
- The Culinario-package is not bookable in advance but you can opt for it on site.
- There is no dinner in the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia on Sundays – that’s when we usually go dining out
- You suffer gluten-/ lactose-/ histamine or similar intolerances? No worries. We’ll sort you out! Depending on your requests, an additional fee might apply
The fastest and easiest way to come to the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia is by plane. Actually, there are four major airports nearby: Jerez de la Frontera, Sevilla, Gibraltar and Malaga.
- Jerez de la Frontera (XRY): about 80km from the Camp
- Gibraltar (GIB): about 100km from the Camp
- Sevilla (SVQ): about 130km from the Camp
- Malaga (AGP): about 230km from the Camp
From Jerez we can organize airport-pickups as well. From the other airports you might want to take a bus to Barbate, Barca de Vejer or Conil de la Frontera, from where we can pick you up or you take a rental car:
- Jerez de la Forntera: 50,- EUR (A nightly rate applies between 21:00 and 08:00 : 70,- EUR)
- Barbate: 10,- EUR (nightly rate: 15,- EUR)
- Barca de Vejer:10,- EUR (nightly rate: 15,- EUR)
- Conil de la Frontera: 10,- EUR (nightly rate: 15,- EUR)
- San Fernando Bahia Sur: 30,- EUR (nightly rate: 45,- EUR)
- The transfer-fee is calculated per way and is shared amongst the passengers.
Search for your flight with skyscanner.net
In case you are arriving to the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia by car, just let your GPS-device or smartphone navigate you to the following coordinates:
- Decimal Degrees: 36.194476, -6.033145
- Degree, Min., Sek.: N36°11’40.1136″, W-6°01’59.3220″
- Degree, Decimal Min.: N36°11.66856′, W-006°01.98870′
Upgrade your smartphone to an offline GPS-device (no internet needed) with maps.me
In case you want to book a rental car, we suggest billiger-mietwagen.de
From the different airports, you might want to take a bus to Barbate, Conil de la Frontera or Barca de Vejer. For detailed information on which route to take to the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia, just get in contact with us.
Here you can find all there is on offer incl. prices (VAT included):
Our Season-Dates in Andalusia are as follows:
The Camino Surfcamp Andalucia Packages include accommodation in one of our comfy rooms in the Surf-Lodge as well as a 5-day/20hrs surfcourse at the level of your choice. Optionally you might want to add the 7’6″-Culinario- Package, consisting of 7x breakfast and packed lunch and 6x dinner. This comes to 130,- EUR per person and per week.
CAMINO SURF LODGE
The Camino Surfcamp Andalucia Lodge is located directly in front of the beach, next to the beautiful Cape Trafalgar and its stunning coastline. You can choose between single-, double- and triple-rooms. The well-kept rooms are equipped with private bathroom and balcony. There is free WIFI available. All prices are per person and per week.
Prices include: practice and theory lessons, surf board (wide choice of boards for different levels), wetsuit, beach-transfers (if needed), accident- and liability-insurance and in the five-day (20h) or ten days (40 hours) courses: video analysis and our Fair-Trade Camp-T-Shirt. The equipment is also available outside course hours without extra charge.
If you already have some surfing experience, you are also welcome to rent out equipment. We have a broad range of different surf boards for different waves and skill levels as well as many wetsuits from O’Neill on offer.
You can either take breakfast and packed lunch and dinner on a daily basis or opt for the 7’6″er Culinario-Package which includes: 7x Breakfast with packed lunch and 6x dinner. Naturally, vegetarian cuisine will be provided on request. On Sundays we do not offer dinner in the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia – that’s when we head for one of the local restaurants close to the camp. The Culinario-package cannot be booked in advance but you might want to add it to your package once you are here in the Camino Surfcamp Andalucia.
We offer transfers from Jerez de la Frontera airport (XRY). If you arrive at one of the other airports, take a train and/or bus to one of the following destinations, from where we can also come and get you: Barbate, Conil de la Frontera or Baca de Vejer. The fee is divided among the passengers and therefor to be payed on site.